Blog Post #2: Health Equity Sources
In my WP3, I will be writing about undocumented immigrants and their right to health equity.
Some of the sources I found were using keywords, such as "Undocumented immigrant health". Some of the links I believe will be most helpful in writing this essay are the following:
Challenges with Undocumented Immigrants in the United States
The University of Alabama at Birmingham posted in article in January, 2020 discussing the challenges that undocumented immigrants face in the United States. Some of the issues listen include health care policies that were enforced to not include undocumented immigrants. The article goes in-depth on how this not only affects the undocumented immigrants, but it also hurts the general public. The article examines the issue with HIV medical care for lower socioeconomic undocumented immigrants and much more
https://sites.uab.edu/humanrights/2020/07/16/challenges-with-undocumented-immigrants-in-the-u-s/
Are the Undocumented Deserving? Health Workers' Views of Immigrants in Alabama
ReplyDeleteHi Lucas! It’s good that you have recent articles that you’re using for your paper. I've also used the National Library of Medicine for my sources.
Sorry for the late comment.
ReplyDeleteThese are excellent articles with expanded viewpoints on the topic, directly from the medical side of things. Enforced to not include undocumented immigrants... I hate that that's a thing.